So. This has been one of my headaches for some time and one of my suggestions to the government on where to improve and easily reduce waste.
Commercials and free news papers - I DON'T WANT THEM! I think it is a very unintelligent waste of paper and the production + transportation of these items. - Of course a proportionate CO2 waste is following.
I've done my effort to make aware that I'm not interested in these papers:
First I printed some stickers from the internet saying "no thanks to commercials and free news papers". Those didn't work so I contacted Postdanmark, the company responsible for distributing the majority of snail mail, including commercials in Denmark. Then it worked a little. Postdanmark didn't know that the apartment I own is two smaller apartments merged, so I got paper for two apartments. Either Postdanmark didn't have the possibility or didn't want to pull the information from the government, so the commercials kept comming. I contacted Postdanmark once again and now they got my merged apartments registered as one. Weee! Then you would think that everything is fine. But no sir'eee. The commercials and news papers keep coming. Today I had enough and have taken the following pics of my mailbox and its contents (two weeks):
 |
| Mailbox with no commercials+news papers stickers |
 |
| Inside of my mailbox |
 |
| Valby bladet - free news paper |
 |
| A pile of commercials meant for another apartment |
 |
| Søndagsavisen - free news paper
|
 |
| Valby weekend - free news paper
|
 |
| A pile of commercials, meant for my 2nd apartment?! |
 |
| This is where the redundancy is returned #1 |
 |
| This is where the redundancy is returned #2 |
So, now after the commercials and news papers have been produced and transported to my apartment they are returned and transported back for recycling. WHAT A WASTE! Denmark calls itself an industrialized country. That might very well be, but it's definitely not an intelligent one at that. I heard recently that the step after the I(ndustrialized) country is the D(igitalized) country. I like the term but in order to go there it should be a prerequisite that you clean up the analog stuff.
By the way did you notice pic 7 - commercials for my 2nd apartment? Brilliant! It seems like I would have to find another instance to tell that my apartments are merged. Also if I want to avoid the free news papers I'd probably would have to contact the news paper publishers - how efficient. And then a new paper arrives and I have to contact again, hehe I can just see it.
I know it's very complicated (not) but let my try a suggestion:
If you want to get permission to distribute commercials you need to register at one spot on the internet and check whether or not the habitats on the route you're running want commercials or not. If that's too difficult to administer you could make an app for a smartphone which could act as a brain for you.
There are so many possibilities but for sure the current one is below intelligent.
No comments:
Post a Comment